The Goodwill Guides
1. Denoting one or more people or things already mentioned or assumed to be common knowledge.
2. Used to point forward to a following qualifying or defining clause or phrase.
3. Used to make a generalized reference to something rather than identifying a particular instance.
4. Enough of (a particular thing).
5. (pronounced stressing “the”) Used to indicate that someone or something is the best known or most important of that name or type.
6. Used adverbially with comparatives to indicate how one amount or degree of something varies in relation to another.
Definition: Goodwill good·will/ɡo͝odˈwil/ noun
1. A kind or friendly attitude, helpful, or cooperative feelings or attitude.
2. Cheerful acquiescence or willingness
3. A good relationship, as of a business with it’s customers
4. A feeling of wanting to be friendly and helpful to someone
a gesture of goodwill: As a gesture of goodwill, we agreed to do the work free of charge.
Definition: Guide guide/ɡīd/ noun
a person who advises or shows the way to others.
a thing that helps someone to form an opinion or make a decision or calculation.
a structure or marking that directs the motion or positioning of something.
a soldier, vehicle, or ship whose position determines the movements of others.
verb show or indicate the way to (someone).
direct or have an influence on the course of action of (someone or something).
The Goodwill Guides is a volunteer group of professional fishing guides and competitive anglers who share the same passion, to become a better angler and to share our knowledge with others. We offer personal challenge programs designed to help wounded veterans learn about fishing at a professional level and incentives to help reach personal goals.
Our primary focus is teaching about professional guiding techniques, Offering fly tying, rod building, casting and hands on fishing experiences. We offer one on one personalized instruction and fishing excursions as a means to practice, encourage, mentor and educate.
Weekly practices are held every Monday at Frog Hollow Oct 1st – June 15th. The Fly Fishing Guide program is designed to educate in a way that they can help restore confidence in their ability to compete in the fishing industry on a professional level.
Our programs are designed to help support participants’ psychological rehabilitation by exposing them to professional fishing techniques through mentoring, coaching and guidance into the exciting world of guide fishing at it’s highest level.
Too our program allows participants a chance to explore the exciting world of competitive fishing by assisting in tournament rules, techniques. Our hands-on approach provides individualized training starting from basic to advanced fishing instruction for skill sets ranging from beginners to the more experienced. Our approach ensures optimum support for each vet’s unique needs.
Our volunteer staff consists of an all-star cast of instructors, tournament anglers, professional hunting and fishing guides, fly tiers and rod builders all of who donate their time and expertise in support of this great cause.
The Goodwill Guides program is 100% dependent on gear donations and services. We are actively seeking donations of both monetary and non-monetary to help fund and support our program mission. Additionally, we are always looking for pro guides and outfitters, property owners with water and people in the guide industry who believe in our cause, who would like to help the growth of our guide programs. If you are interested please feel free to contact
Executive Director Kenny Simmons firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 706-244-4372
President Jimmy Phipps email@example.com or call: (678)410-5083
The International Federation Of Fly Fishers qualifies The Goodwill Guides as a subordinate organization of the Federation of Fly Fishers Inc. included under the Federation’s 501(c)3 Group Exemption(Charter Club #99845).